Monday, August 8, 2016

Mom On Demand

One thing my girls are liking about me being away is that I am just a click of the button from them. I get calls, texts, emails and FaceTimes, and unlike at home when I am usually in the middle of making dinner, or laundry, I am almost always free to talk, and the conversations can be very long. 

Katt especially likes to call me when she wakes up in the morning. We FaceTime over breakfast (and usually dinner as well), and then basically whenever she has a down moment and does not know what to do. She is really ready for school to start!! 

Margaret does not have a phone, just an iPad so I tend to get more text messages, or FaceTimes than calls. Her favorite is to FaceTime me and talk while we check our dragons together. (By the way, I am up to Level 20, first video game ever that I have stuck to it into double digits.)

When I have had my doctor, or nurse, in the room and can't talk, or am asleep and it takes me a bit to get back to them there is a bit of irritation on their side. They have gotten use to when I am not physically present just being at the other end of their chosen Apple device. I am not going to divulge how many times a day, or for how long we talk, because neither are small numbers.

All 3 rounds of my fourth cycle are behind me. The side effects have been the same with some swelling, fatigue and some nausea today. I glad to have the treatment behind me and am the countdown to get home now! 

Four rounds down, and just two more to go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment