Wednesday, August 3, 2016

28 Cycle

It has been a busy few weeks. Sorry for the lack of updates.

The cadence of our lives these days is in 28 day cycles. The first 10 days are my treatment days at NIH. Then I have about a week of recovery, then about a week of normalcy. The pattern is Treatment-Recovery-Normalcy--> Repeat.

Katt asked me after I came home from the last cycle if I was still in my "dormant phase", which cracked me up She was looking for a buddy to watch HGTV with and at the point in time she asked me my response was yes.

As I entered the normal phase over the last couple weeks this coincided with having company come in town, quickly followed by me getting sick (then Chad, and Katt).  It was great to see family and friends, but would have been even better to have felt good!!

I am back in the treatment phase now. The good news today was that the flow cytometry analysis of my bloodwork from last cycle showed that my blood is now looking virtually cancer free (woohoo!). The next 3 cycles are to zap anything left in my bone marrow.

The bad news today was that another wing on my floor is being renovated, so it is a full house.

Luckily my bout with a bunch of  yet to be fully determined aliments ending in "itis" has landed me in a private isolation room. I have not unpacked this time. I feel like that will jinx me and get me moved out to a double. I had lots of not to be described swabs and tests today to figure out just what I have. I know it is not strep, but that is it so far. I think it is down to a common cold. Fingers crossed my sneezing and coughing lasts another week!!

Day 1 of treatment for round 4 is tomorrow. I keep telling myself I will be 2/3 of the way done after this one, and the next cycle will be post the start of school which I also think will be a bit easier for all of us.

I'll try to be better about posting, but hoping there is not much exciting to post!


1 comment:

  1. Continuing to cheer for you!! Hurry back to IL. See you soon sweet friend!! ~Q

    ReplyDelete