Monday, August 11, 2014

Just what the doctor ordered

We had a great week in Florida. The beach was wonderful and we had a great time seeing my sister, Molly, and her family...and it turns out that a week laying on the beach is just what I needed. My counts looked great today! My neutrophils finally popped up. They are not normal but are good enough that I can start to do a bit more. They are keeping me on all the medications until we have a trend though. The nurse practitioner at my doctor's office was so excited she was beaming as she raced through the door to the room I was in waiting to meet with her and gave me a huge hug. I think they have been saying next week it will be better for so long they were excited too for things to finally pop up.

There is still a lot I can't do (e.g., no sushi, no lunch meat, no swimming, etc.) but so much more that I can do. Excited to be feeling better and getting better! I also got the okay to start to ease back into work later this week. I am looking forward to getting back into more normal life. I will still need to take breaks and rest but ready to move to the next phase.

I don't go back to my doctor's office for 2 weeks now. It sounds like an eternity based on my frequent flier status/pace from the last several months but I am sure I will adjust.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than some beach time to improve body and soul! I'm thrilled to hear this great, great news. I see a lunch in our future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - so glad to read this news. I was thinking about you a lot last week and so glad the trip worked well and you are on the right track.

    ReplyDelete