Saturday, July 12, 2014

What do I do all day?

I have been thinking about this lately, wondering how I got so much done during a "normal"day pre the start of treatments. Sleep definitely is taking up much more of my 24 hours than normal. I am the first to bed and the last to get up in our house. Then by afternoon I usually need to rest but if I have had an active morning the rest can turn to sleep.

I am back to doing laundry and other basic household tasks but I do wonder where my time is going because I am not "doing" a lot and people who see me in the morning know I am rocking the just rolled out of bed look The thought of exercising, getting ready and out the door by 8 seems daunting!

We had a nice week with grandparents in town this last week. They were a big help and rolled with the girls moods and our dynamic schedule. I am trying to do more "normal" activities and get out a bit more. The nurse practitioner at my doctor's office and I agreed getting out a bit more was an important part of the recovery process even if it means being exposed to a few more germs. I am being selective, and smart about it, and these outings are helping me gauge where I am on building back my stamina.

Monday I am back at the doctor for lab work. Already got the word this week though that I need to stay on the meds until my white blood cell counts recover so just in watch and wait mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment