Sunday, June 22, 2014

Recovery

The last of the chemo bag finished running last night about 10pm so the drugs are in. I am exhausted from a week of no more than 3 hours of sleep at a time but otherwise still feeling much better than expected. My counts did not crash this morning they are not only holding but my hemoglobin is up (!?!). I have been forming arguments in my head on why I should be able to go home today. They don't like to discharge on the weekend and not sure if the on call attending will be willing to call my doctor and be a co-conspirator to get me out but you never know if you don't try.

Otherwise for tomorrow, Chad is working his schedule to be able to be here to get me out and home. I am looking forward to a good night sleep in my own bed, being able to go outside, and just getting up and getting a bowl of cereal in the morning versus it being an hour long order then wait ordeal!

If they do let me out either today or tomorrow I am sure I will be back at the clinic daily for labs and checking in but would much prefer that... will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Great news Beth! Hopeful that you are able to be discharged tomorrow and rest in the comfort of your own home. Thanks for the continued updates!

    ReplyDelete