Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good news... the Rituxan is working

Yesterday the results of my blood work were great. My platelets have literally doubled in the last 2 weeks and are in the normal range for the first time since last summer! My hemoglobin and whites count changes were less exciting but they were marginally moving in the right direction.

We feel like the first round of treatment they put me through is working and has cleared out some of the cancer in my bone marrow for the healthy cells. Next week they get the old 1-2 punch with chemo and more rixutan. I am still waiting to hear if I will get chemo 24 hours a day for 5 or 7 days. Either way I signed all the consent forms yesterday to start Monday. The check in process will start at 8am and the hospital will call with my room number Sunday and I go straight there Monday morning.

I am thrilled that my counts are moving the right way and am going into next week much stronger than my first time around with chemo. The mix of medication they have me on is still giving me some trouble (e.g., blurred vision, nausea) but am having more good days than bad this week which is helping mentally get me boosted and ready for the next few weeks. Chad and I are trying to set our expectations low on the hospital stay and are planning for me to be inpatient for a month like last time but everything is crossed that it will actually be faster and I get out in 2 weeks (or once chemo is done).

Thanks so much for the continued support!! Very excited to say that this week things are moving in the right direction.

3 comments:

  1. That's great news Beth! Great to hear the good progress on the stats..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful news Beth; made my day. God speed next week! Luke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the "Like" button?!!

    ReplyDelete