Saturday, June 21, 2014

Chemo Home Stretch

About 8 hours of chemo to go - woohoo! I am still feeling pretty good (knock on wood and everything else). My sister, Robin, came in town yesterday for the weekend and it has been great to see her. She was here this same weekend last time around and remembers too it was Sunday where everything sort of fell apart so hopefully history does not repeat itself....

My counts are still holding but they have taken me off the steroids and the "nadir", or the bottoming out of counts that creates the risk of infection,  from chemo happens between Day 7 and 14 and I am on Day 6 so really feel like we are all holding our breaths to see if this time around is really going to be easier or if the worst is yet to come.

I am definitely spending more time awake this time than last, and reading and am moving around a bit more. So am counting down the hours and hopefully nothing comes up in the next few days and am home sooner versus later!


1 comment:

  1. Yea! Hope things continue to go the way they have been. Irene

    ReplyDelete