Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Grrr....

I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago for my "normal" monthly blood work check and unfortunately it was anything but normal. Everything was down to not good levels at all. My doctor sent me over to have an abdominal ultrasound to check out my spleen, and more bad news. It was enlarged.
So here I sit back at the doctor two weeks later. My blood work is still awful...platelets 100, WBC 1.1, ANC 500, Hemoglobin 11.8 (only thing that improved vs 2 weeks ago) and am waiting for a bone marrow biopsy. This is my fourth so am learning. Brought along some good prescription grade drugs that I have just taken to help numb the pain (and semi knock me out). I have also requested my doctor do the procedure (tip from the physican's assistant) so we'll see.

It is looking like round 2 of chemo is in my future.. not sure what kind yet we are looking at not only a different kind of traditional chemo but also at clinical trials at either Ohio State or NIH. Both places have 2 of the most knowledgeable doctors on my kind of leukemia and my doctor brought it up and said he would love to team up with them on something for me. You know you are starved for good news when this gets you excited....

So hopefully it will not be so bad this time around and then by first half of next week should have the results back and can figure out what comes next.

1 comment:

  1. Prayers and hugs are still coming your way. -- Bec

    ReplyDelete