Monday, April 8, 2013

"C is for ....."

"C is for Cookie that's good enough for me." I am 40, my children never got into Seaseme Street, and this is still the first thing that pops into my brain when I hear the letter "C". Yes, it is now followed quickly by Cancer as the big C in my life.

Did you know that in North America 5000 people a day are told that they have cancer and 1 and 3 people in their lifetime will get cancer? Whenever the word cancer comes up in conversations it is a big downer, but over 12 million people in the US are living with cancer....and luckily I am one of those.

I got great news from my bone marrow biopsy last week. I have less than 5% cancer in my marrow based on one test (TRAP stain) and less than 1% based on another test (flow cytometry). So no more chemo for me for now. I have to go back every 3 months for blood tests, and we watch and wait. I am feeling great just still some holdover chemo fatigue.

We asked my doctor what the protocol for the next round of chemo would be. He did not even want to speculate because there are some new drugs being tested that are getting good responses that could change everything. We did all agree that the cladribine was very toxic for me and we would not do a repeat round of that... so hopefully when the time comes for chemo again it will be outpatient and I will be in much better shape when I start.

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and support!! It is great to be feeling good again.

7 comments:

  1. Great news! Ann Brenneman

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news!!! Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear this! Irene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am encountering problems with your RSS.
    I don't know why I can't subscribe to it. Is there anybody having identical RSS issues?
    Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!
    !

    My website :: affordable-dental-Plan.Org

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turn Your Garden Into A Paradise Retreat With Topsoil! Turn Your Garden Into A Paradise Retreat
    With Topsoil!

    Also visit my webpage ... tree Nursery milwaukee

    ReplyDelete
  6. extremely appealing, thanks a lot!

    Also visit my site - xerox phaser 8560 ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir, pls send that video to my email I.D.
    It will certainly be aid ful 2 make pcb effortless. Thankyou.


    Also visit my web blog: zumu.us

    ReplyDelete