Monday, November 12, 2012

Going Home!!!

We just got the good news that I am officially going home today!! My neutrophils were up to 668 (vs target of 500 to leave) so after 29 days I am finally going to get some fresh air. My counts are still low so will need to be careful about getting an infection but am so excited to finally go home.

My trends are good enough I don't have to come back to the clinic until Thursday. He does think given how long my recovery has been so far that the up swing of my counts will likely continue slowly.

Likely will be wiped out by the trip home and will not have any more news until the Thursday visit so don't expect a post before late Thursday or Friday. Thank you again to everyone for all your support.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Nothing like being in your own home with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah - your own home, your own bed, no one waking you to stick you in the middle of the night....so excited for you! Keep the counts climbing - aim to be an overachiever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best news! Nothing better for recovery then to be at home! Ann Brenneman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!! It will feel like a holiday, reason for celebrations!! If I know those girls, I'm sure they are working on a sign (not a celebration goes by that a huge sign is not posted outside/inside the Withers home!). Beth, enjoy, I know your family is waiting with open arms to take care of you!
    Big Hugs, XX, Karstens x 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth,
    I'm so excited to see this news!! Enjoy your first night back home - I can't wait to visit soon.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you can get some sleep! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo - congratulations! Enjoy every minute of the check out process! :-)
    Mary & Rick

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great news Beth! I'm sure you are glad to be back at home. The hardest thing will be to let everyone continue to take care of you and not do to much:) Take care and hope the appt. on Thurs goes well. You continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! The best news I have heard in a while. Very happy for you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beth, So happy that you are back home. Hope you are getting lots of rest and that Chad and your girls are taking great care of you! Continuing to pray that your counts go up and that you regain your strength.
    Antje

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! So happy for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete