Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The end of chemo

Good news today is I finished chemo. Bad news is I spiked a fever of 103 in the night  and have felt absolutely miserable all night and day. I am technically in isolation so the number of nurses and doctors has dropped and they all come in wearing gowns, masks and gloves.

They are doing lots of test to figure out what is causing the fevers. The flu screen came back negative. They are pumping me full of antibiotics and antiviral meds. Starting at 5 today I will get a white blood count shot (which I will get daily for awhile).

Obviously this will extend my hospital stay. I have to be fever free for 48 hours before I can go home....

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that tomorrow will be a better day than today.

5 comments:

  1. Beth - hang in there. I know the white blood cell shots aren't fun (personal experience) but know they will get you one step closer to home. My nephew is also battling a rare form of blood cancer (they call it pre-leukemia) and is on the bone marrow transplant list. I wanted to let you know that your friends & family can sign up to be a donor at http://marrow.org/Home.aspx.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. Stay strong - you're almost there! LIVESTRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Beth. You are one tough cookie. All of this heavy stuff makes me think back to easy breezy times like catching toads at Coreys, canoeing, jumping off the dock, and the beautiful view. With your determination I'm sure you'll be home in no time. My love goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow is mount Arafat... a special blessed day in the year in our part of the world.
    We are keeping all your family in our prayers.
    Hang in thre, and Inshaa Allah things will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomorrow is mount Arafat... a special blessed day in the year in our part of the world.
    We are keeping all your family in our prayers.
    Hang in thre, and Inshaa Allah things will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure how this Blog works (its my first time) - I work with Chad and wanted to wish you and your family well. My father is also on Chemo and just came off it with similar results initially, but feeling better now. garry stone

    ReplyDelete