Monday, October 29, 2012

Countdown to going home

Feeling good but counts are still low. Getting some blood today. Also tentatively agreed with my doctor as long as I stay fever free I can go home next Monday even if my white blood count is still low. I will just then need to spend my days at the Barrett Center getting infusions (IV antibiotics, platelets, blood, etc.). Excited to be feeling better and have a base plan for getting home!

So if I don't post the next few days assume I am feeling good and just working on growing new bone marrow and blood cells, and counting down the days until Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Beth - you are so awesome! Your attitude and approach is great. It will take you far. I am so impressed by how strong you are. I am reading your blog regularly and sending you all the mental support I can. I am giving blood here on Thursday and will tell them to take it straight to you! (I give 5 - 6 times a year). Looking forward to seeing you back here soon. Your friend, Arnie Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, so glad you are feeling a tad better! I walk around the floor and see the burgundy background on a lot of PC's. You have touched so many in your short time on TE-3. We also want you to get home and get healthy, then back to us. Sending lots of love and prayers to not only you, but Chad and the girls too. The strength of all the Withers' is truly inspiring! I know it's tough to miss that Vegas trip, but there will be so much more to celebrate in the coming weeks. Keep taking care of you! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, Good to hear that going home is on the horizon. Lots of folks in China are following the blog, and praying and pulling for you, Chad and the girls!
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth - Thanks for keeping us all updated. Noel is right, there are lots of us following your blog in China! We think about you all every day and are so glad to hear you may be going home soon!! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending happy dances x 4 to you!! xx, Q

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth - So glad to hear you are feeling a tad better and may be going home soon!! Sending you love and hugs.

    Karol

    ReplyDelete